Visual Front-End Developer
WEVO Conversion has an immediate need to bring on an experienced Visual Front-End Web Developer to help build out our new SAAS Web Product. This position is a 1-3 month long full-time hourly contract. We are looking for flexibility as we could ask you work from 30-40 hours / week depending on how quickly we progress through the project and your availability.
The Visual Front-End Web Developer will be responsible for building customer-facing screens and content to support a new web service product in the area of digital marketing and website conversion/optimization. Experience with building SAAS / web products is required.
This role will work directly with a designer and back-end developer, and cross-functionally with the creative/marketing and analytics teams. We have a small team that operates quickly with full transparency and are looking for candidates who communicate well and are highly collaborative as well as bring ideas to the table.
- Technical design and code development. Specifically coding of dynamic screens.
- Delivery, testing, and deploy – This role is a member of an integrated team, and will be involved throughout all stages of the delivery process including deployment, QA testing and support.
- Work closely with creative partners to ensure their vision is met and translated to the web.
- Follow best practices and standards for development work.
- Assess and recommend additional solutions or digital innovations and improvements to the existing infrastructure.
- Scope and estimate timelines, hours, and delivery of work.
- Full documentation and communication of work.
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer-related field or equivalent experience and 3+ years of proven technical experience in a front-end development role.
- Experience with developing for and building SAAS projects, or other similar web products is required.
- A strong understanding of modern front-end and web programming languages – HTML, CSS, AJAX, etc.
- Familiarity with Typescript.
- Familiarity with Pug (https://pugjs.org/api/getting-started.html) is preferred.
- Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop and ability to execute visual designs with attention to detail, taking files from PSD to code.
- The ability to both configure and work within a local server environment (we use node.js and NPM).
- Familiarity with Github.
- Agile experience is preferred.
- Previous experience with project management systems including JIRA or similar.
- Proven ability to deliver effective, on-time results from an established set of tasks.
- Ability to communicate complex web experiences to individuals and groups of wide backgrounds and experiences.
- Must have experience working with or on a development team.
- Demonstrates excellent written and oral presentation skills. Must be a good communicator.
- Problem solver. Asks questions. Willing to research solutions and best practices on your own.
Full-Time Hourly Contractor Position. Onsite position, with up to one day at home per week.
WEVO is a rapidly growing digital marketing startup which has developed a breakthrough approach to increasing digital conversion. WEVO has received top reviews from leading brands for its product and outcomes. WEVO’s founders have successfully led and launched multiple successful startups. We are growing fast and looking for outstanding entrepreneurs to join our team. We are committed to deliver on the WEVO mission of enhancing communications between consumers and companies by decoding human motivation.
Up for the task? Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if interested!